Thursday, July 16, 2009

BBA Challange #1- Anadama Bread

--This is a bread my Uncle David likes to make with his Bread maker. I don't know what recipe he
uses.
-- So here are the stages of my Anadama bread. Starting with the soaker on day 1.
On day 2 I mixed the pre-ferment and let it ferment in the mixer bowl covered with a cloth.

. Then with the dough hook I added the remaining ingredients.












In this stoneware bowl my Mother-in-Law gave me I let the dough double in size.







After shaping the two loaves I let them proof till again they have doubled in size. I sprinkled cornmeal on top and put them in the oven. I placed a dish of water on the bottom rack for part of the baking time to help make a good crust.





















The loaves cracked on the sides a little, I'm not sure why that happens, yet but I will find out.








I was happy with my Anadama Bread, it looked yummy to me.




Blake liked it too!!















For my first BBA Challenge I think things went well. Anadama bread has a fun texture as it is soft but also has a little crunch from the corn meal.
-- The next week I made the Greek Celebration Bread or Artos, just before my trip to Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment