Friday, October 2, 2009

Some Pictures to Tide Me Over



I am in the process of finding a new home and don't have a kitchen of my own, SO I will just post some of the things I have made already from the BBA Challange. Starting with Greek Celebration bread. I brought this in to work and was a big hit!










These bagels were so yummy, I loved the way they looked. I can't wait to make them again.





After my travels this summer I made this lovely Baklava. I used ground cinnamon and a cinnamon stick I brought back from Turkey. The recipe was from one of the activities on the cruse ship “How to make Greek Baklava” I must say that this was so tasty and the Baklava at Madison's Greek Festival wasn't even in the same league. :)




I can't wait to get baking again. I am really behind on the BBA challenge but am determined to get through it. I also want to start experimenting baking some bread using only wild yeast. Making the starter for this takes some time, but I am excited to share the process and do some learning.


Oh, and here is my newest baker to help me in the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pics gil! Next time I'm fortunate enough to spend some time with you, we'll have to bake some bread and share some tips. I've only recently gotten into baking bread (among other yummy homemade treats) and have finally gotten the hang of it. So far, I'm sticking to french, country, ciabatta and cheese bread (think Madison farmers market). What's your trick to getting the Greek Celebration Bread to rise so much? It looks amazing! Also, I'd love to hear more about wild yeast. I tried to make a starter for some sourdough a while back and was very unsuccessful (the bread didn't really rise, but made a nice FLAT BREAD).

    Anyways, can't wait to see more pics and hear more about your baking adventures! Post some pics of your new "workspace" in Bellingham.

    Miss you!!!

    Juli

    ReplyDelete