Saturday, December 5, 2009

So we picked and left Madison just like that and headed to Washington state with all our stuff, the kids, and the cats. Oh did I mention we had no place to live yet. To our good fortune we shacked up at my sister's. Eager to get baking I decided to recreate a little bit of Madison in her kitchen with Spicy Cheese Bread. ( the bread from Stella's everyone craves at the Dane County Farmer's Market)


I used my favorite Challah recipe, added crushed red pepper flakes to the dough, and provolone cheese as the filling.


Well it turned out nice looking. The inside was gooey a bit so maybe next time I'll make 2 smaller loaves or bake at a lower temp. for longer. Still this tasted very close to the bread that inspired it.





Thank you Erica and Todd for sharing their kitchen and home with us, and for helping us find our new one.



No comments:

Post a Comment